This morning I woke up in a body that is 26, how in the hell did this happen? When did I climb farther from 20 and scarily close to the big 3-0?! Aging is inevitable, I know that… I just didn’t think it would happen to me and so quickly… I may be having a quarter century crisis. Since there is apparently nothing I can do about it, I suppose I should embrace it and make every moment of my 26th year the best one yet.
Some of you may think 26 is young and that I have my whole life in front of me. You may be right, because I’ll never stop learning and growing, hell i’m not even the same person I was yesterday… but truth be told, I have already learned a lot in my years and figured in celebration of my 26th, I’d share 26 of my top life lessons.
1. Never take your health for granted- your body is a temple, eat whole food, sleep, exercise, go outside, drink water, soak up all the sunshine and meditate.
2. Saying “no” isn’t selfish- fearlessly protect your energy, your passions and your well-being.
3. Letting things go that aren’t meant for you is truly liberating.
4. Being open and honest about your weaknesses and vulnerabilities is one of the most selfless things you can do.
5. Stop waiting for inspiration. Inspire yourself be your own damn cheerleader.
6. When you feel copied… remember people can only go where you’ve already been, they have no idea where your going next.
7. You should never explain your decisions to anyone. If you want to sleep til noon because you feel like it… have at er my friend.
8. Always wash your face before bed- your skin is your largest organ and truly shows your entire life’s journey through it. Take care of it.
9. Push yourself out of your comfort zone- this is where you will grow and find happiness.
10. Less is always more- stuff, friends, debt, you get it.
11. Don’t strive to keep up with the joneses they aren’t happy with where they are in life.
12. True empowerment comes from the soul- not from the size of your butt, your bra or how many followers on social media you have.
13. Never stop learning- read all the books, watch all the documentaries, listen to all the podcasts, you never know where you will find inspiration and motivation to start the next chapter in your life.
14. Being honest about the state of your mental health strips away your insecurities and in turn leads you to empowerment. Having Mental Health issues does not equal weakness.
15. Compliment others there is no bigger gift you can bestow upon the world than kindness.
16. You are never going to be financially ready, have the babies.
17. Hold those babies every chance you get, because they don’t keep.
18. Stop waiting to be perfect, say yes to the opportunities now, you’re already good enough.
19. The power of positivity is a real thing, send out all the vibes.
20. Clean and de-clutter your environment twice as much as you currently do.
21. Stop using harsh chemicals in all aspects of your life, your body will thank you.
22. Invest in people who invest in you. Call your loved ones, you don’t know how five minutes of your time impacts someone’s life.
23. People change, it’s not you… it’s them… I lied sometimes it is YOU. Friends that drain you and bring drama and negativity into your life aren’t worth having.
24. We live in a world where people’s lives, homes and relationships are portrayed to be perfect through social media… it’s a trap. Look beyond the Instagram feed and furthermore put your phone down, it’s not okay for people to be able to contact you 24/7… start living.
25. Dogs really are mans best friend. Get one…or five. (Adopt don’t shop)
26. Love without inhibitions you are a freaking beauty.
I am a work in progress always have been, always will be.
Cheers to 26, I love you all.
ps. One more thing… floss your dang teeth.