Today as it’s FRIDAY, FRIDAY, FRIDAY….
I asked Chad to give me some reasons why HE thinks farming is COOL.
For our farming community in case you wonder why in the heck you continue to work your butt off everyday.
1. Being your own boss. “I do what I want.” (Okay so our farm is not big enough to sustain us yet… so we do have full-time jobs as well…but never fear, the day will come!)
Office. ummm…. or should I say lack of office. Simply the views that nature provides us with.
3. Dirt. A completely acceptable excuse to be dirty.
4. Knowledge. Continually gaining knowledge on all sorts of farm related topics.
5. Animals. Living. Breathing. Loving creatures that depend on you day in and day out.
6. Working towards building something that is all my own… AKA not building up someone else’s fortress.
7. Having something to pass down to our children… and our children’s children.
8. People. The farm community is like no other.
9. Growth. Getting to watch something you put your whole heart, blood, sweat & tears into grow.
10. Feelings of worth & job stability… so long as there is mouths to feed.
Happy Young Farmer Friday’s!
If you or someone you know is interested in being showcased on Backwoods Buffalo, feel free to contact me!
firstname.lastname@example.org or facebook.com/backwoodsbuffalo